Saturday

Gift Pantry™ Cocoa Cones & Mini Marshmallows...


Good morning my kind friends! I'm still thinking ahead to the holiday season and working out ideas and strategies that will help me to preserve time and budget during that often hectic time! Thus, I thought I'd write a quick post to share this charmingly simple DIY TUTUORIAL for creating these adorable & affordable (35 cents each) cocoa cones! (There is even a download for the pretty tag!) The cocoa cones were originally made to be given out as wedding favors. However...I thought they would make...



a lovely accompaniment to a larger gift basket...



perhaps include several cocoa cones...along with a nice waffle or pancake mix and homemade or purchased syrup inside a breakfast basket.



Or...include a few with a plate of your homemade cookies...



or prop one inside a charming mug.



Or...give as a token gift along with a holiday card.



Or...make a basket of cocoa cones to keep in your entry and give them out as token gifts when friends come by during the holidays...or...!!!


Truth be told...I'm not sure exactly how I'll use them...but you can bet I'll be making up a batch to keep in my holiday gift pantry!



Hope you're enjoying a happy and harmonious weekend!


Love and good thoughts to all, as always!


Warmly,


Tracey and Family


x0x





Image: Ruffled

15 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Thank you for sharing..Cute cute cute!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

As always, thank you La Table la Nana for your kind note!
Warmly,
Tracey
xox

Lorrie said...

These are cute!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Lorrie! I wanted to say thanks again for posting about the joys of picnik for free photo editing! I really appreciate you sharing that! I think I'm going to find it sooo useful!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Tony Destroni said...

Hi ! nice post . My kids gonna love this . It is perfect for snacks while resting at my garden while watching my garden wind spinners . thanks for sharing .

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Great idea Tony...it sounds very cozy.
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

Angie, Catladyland said...

I love the idea of giving the cocoa in a mug -- I think I might do that this year. Thanks for your creativity!!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Angie! I'm still smiling from your recent kitten post...so true and so cute!!!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Bettyann said...

Thanks Tracey for the good ideas...am so worried about spending too much $ on christmas, maybe I such go back to basics and make all the gifts...take care..

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

I think that's a great idea Bettyann. Just declare to your family that this year is to be a "hand made Christmas"! Set the rules now and you will not believe how relieved everyone will be. Keep us posted!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Great idea Clarice, to use them atop packages!!! Perhaps include one with the gift of a book so they can enjoy the cocoa while they read! :)
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey!
I love this idea ~ so cute. I am baking homemade cookies for family this year ~ these would be such a nice addition to their gift.
Hugs))

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Laurie! So great to have you back blogging again after your computer woes! Your cookie and cocoa idea sounds like a wonderful gift(s)!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Jill said...

Brilliant Idea and so stylish and delicious of course!
Jillx

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Thank you so much Jill! Also, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your enchanting images on the "pink" post!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

The original "FRUGAL LUXURIES" ~ Based on the books by Tracey McBride ~ Established 1993

A warm Thank You to all kind souls and kindred spirits who generously take the time to leave a comment...your encouragement, trust and support are deeply appreciated...please know that we read each and every message and will respond as time allows.

~~~

Frugal Luxuries
is a registered trademark.


~~~


"FRUGAL LUXURIES: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul" was written by Tracey McBride and published by Bantam Books, NY, in 1997. It was the first of its genre to synergize the elements of simplicity, frugality and gracious living.

After more than a decade, FRUGAL LUXURIES has never been out of print and is now more relevant than ever.

"It's our hope that a new generation, faced with a teetering economy, will also find this information helpful and enlightening."



Sending Good Thought to Our Special Band of Kind and Kindred Souls!

Frugal Luxuries Book I

Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons Book II

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Site Counter