Wednesday

ENCHANTED PEGBOARD: ORGANIZING-IDEAS-PARTY... JOIN US!


LAVENDER BUDS & AIR FERNS...
have nothing to do with organizing...yet...
On a whim, I put together some snippets from our tiny garden and...befittingly...
made a miniature bouquet in a tiny cordial (?) glass...set atop a tiny, hand painted plate.
I thought it was such a charmingly tiny frugal luxury that I couldn't help but share it with you.
-------------

NOW...

We'll Address the Ever Provocative Subject of...
ORGANIZING
-----
The Thrifty Decor Chick is hosting a Party
and... We're All Invited!!

------
I'm new on the "Blog Party" circuit but the way I believe it works is this: We are asked to post a few organizing tricks and ideas that we've found useful in our own homes & lives. Once this is done... we go onto the THRIFTY DECOR CHICK 's site and post our site link to the list! (I've been browsing, and there are some great posts!)

--------
Confession: I have a dual personality when it comes to organizing...at times I'm nearly obsessive about it...other times...not so much :).
------------------


ENCHANTED PEG BOARD

"Last night I dreamed of Pegboard..."

--Mike McBride

Once upon a time (a few year's ago) I was trying to think-up attractive, yet frugal, ways to organize my craft area. One morning my husband (Mike) woke up to tell me of a dream he'd had about creating a set of good-looking (his words) peg board organizers with frames. I asked him to describe them in detail and ended up LOVING the idea. That very day, we went off to Ganahls (a local Home Depot-like store) and found these 2' x 3' pieces of pegboard (unpainted, but already cut) for about $4 each. We then bought about $12 worth of molding (enough for four pegboards) and proceeded home to put them together.
I primed, then painted the peg boards a pale blue...then painted the (already cut) molding. Once the pieces dried, we used Liquid Nails (R) to attach the molding.
We now use them in our craft room to store all manner of supplies:
They hold dried and faux flowers...
two others hold a row of wire window boxes that store ribbons, wrapping paper, and gift bags...the other stores little baskets that hold small brushes, glue sticks and the like (I'll post photos of them on another day--I already had this photo taken and I wanted to post this idea today so I could join the party :) !

THE END
-----
Remember to go check out the Thrifty Decor Chick's party!!
I think you'll have as much fun as I did.

10 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

when I finally get a dedicated sewing room I am going to use that idea........

Gill in Canada

Judy @ In His Grip said...

This is a great idea and pretty too.

charmaine said...

hi Tracey! i just love your peg board what a great idea. i can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. how was your day? i pray all is well. i just love visiting your blog, it's always full of fantastic ideas. talk to you soon.

God Bless,
Charmaine

charmaine said...

Tracey, i wanted to say thank you for all of your very sweet comments left on my blog. you always seem to never run out of words of kindness. this is how i know it's from the heart. THANK YOU! i truly appreciate it!

God Bless,
Charmaine

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a super cute idea!! I just love it - I'll have to put one in my craft area. Thanks for the great idea!

Manuela

Simply Heart And Home said...

Tracey,

What a cute idea and a great way of organizing your crafts. My crafts are currently all jumbled. I do need to get them organized. Thank you for sharing your idea with us!

Gina

Just Jules said...

So very cute! That is a way to conquer that sewing room wall I am having a problem with! I don't have to worry about the drywall then! LOVE IT! Thank you dear.

charmaine said...

hi Tracey! how are you today? i pray all is well. i wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my little girl blog. you are so kind. i know you have some project your doing, so what have you been up to? what are you creating? what ever it is, i can't wait to see it. talk to you soon.

God Bless,
Charmaine

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh I love your pegboard. That is just so cute. What a great way to decorate it.

Selia's Art said...

Tracey,

The little arrangement is so sweet. Love the peg board idea!

Blessings,
Selia

The original "FRUGAL LUXURIES" ~ Based on the books by Tracey McBride ~ Established 1993

A warm Thank You to all kind souls and kindred spirits who generously take the time to leave a comment...your encouragement, trust and support are deeply appreciated...please know that we read each and every message and will respond as time allows.

~~~

Frugal Luxuries
is a registered trademark.


~~~


"FRUGAL LUXURIES: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul" was written by Tracey McBride and published by Bantam Books, NY, in 1997. It was the first of its genre to synergize the elements of simplicity, frugality and gracious living.

After more than a decade, FRUGAL LUXURIES has never been out of print and is now more relevant than ever.

"It's our hope that a new generation, faced with a teetering economy, will also find this information helpful and enlightening."



Sending Good Thought to Our Special Band of Kind and Kindred Souls!

Frugal Luxuries Book I

Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons Book II

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Site Counter