Wednesday

Holiday Reusables Article!





CREATIVE RECYCLING of MEMORIES...

Leanne Italie of the Associated Press (AP) wrote a great article regarding
holiday re-usables.
http://www.ajc.com/holiday/content/atlanta-holiday-guide/entertaining/stories/2008/12/24/after_holiday_keepsakes.html
and...
http://www.thestar.com/article/557850
Of, course, we were very happy (and honored) to be included in this very useful collection of ideas on how to reuse ribbons and other holiday packaging from year to year. They sent a photographer to our house to illustrate how we implement re-usables in our own holiday packaging!
-------

PHOTOS:
The smallest gift is a vintage English biscuit tin (from our collection)...the box is a gift tucked inside a vintage pillow case that's been in our family for as long as I can remember (I always thought it was pretty, so I kept it from childhood)...the hat boxes in the back are a dozen years old...when I bought them to present gifts to Rosie and Katie when they were very young...all of these (plus many more) are used from year to year as unique gift boxes.
Much more to come on this subject! I have a ton of detailed pictures...I loaded them onto a post last night. Sadly, it was somehow lost. If time permits today...I 'll try to reload and post them. Otherwise they may be dribbled out through the week in smaller posts (due to the holiday).
------

We send our wishes for...
A happy Christmas and blessed Holiday to all.
Love and good thoughts from...
Tracey and Family.

6 comments:

charmaine said...

hi Tracey! oh my , how beautiful is this! every thing looks so elegant and beautiful! i love the ribbon with the jewels, so pretty. love that pillow case and the boxes are fabulous. i love saving beautiful boxes because they always come in handy later. you can have this look for Christmas, Easter, showers or even a wedding. this can go year round. i love it! thanks for your great ideas, keep inspiring! i look forward to seeing the rest. talk to you soon!

Merry Christmas!

God Bless,
Charmaine

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Oh Charmaine...you are the breath of fresh air!! What a good idea...to use these little goodies year round!! Thank you soo much for the kind words (as always) you make my day. I've not had too much access to the computer today (nor will I tomorrow) as we're down at my Dad's for the Christmas and there are lots of people vying for computer time! I will try to check in during the day when I get a chance. In the meantime, have a very blessed Christmas and know that I am thinking my best thoughts and sending my prayers that you and your family have a lovely, peaceful day. More soon.
God Bless.
Warmly,Traceyxox
P.S. I meant to comment on your earlier note...Rosie's birthday was great (some of those gifts were her birthday presents :). We took some photos using her camera and I will try to upload them on Friday or Saturday. xo Merry Christmasxo

charmaine said...

hi Tracey! i wanted to stop by real quick and say, Merry Christmas! to you and your family. i also say a prayer that you and your family will have a wonderful and peaceful celebration. i think one of my favorite Christmas gifts this year is finding a new friend. thanks Tracey for being such a sweet and kind person. have a blessed Day! talk to you soon!

God Bless,
Charmaine

p.s. thank you for your nice comments and glad to hear that Rosie had a wonderful birthday!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hi Tracey! I've come upon your beautiful blog via Charmaine's blog...it is lovely! I'm so glad to have found you! I can't wait to come back and savor your posts!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY DREAMS COME TRUE!
Kathleen

Dana and Daisy said...

Wow! Congratulations on your publications and the tins are so lovely. I recognize a few of them as I see them in the flea markets. A great idea to use for Christmas wrapping!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Thanks so much for the good wishes! You are so smart... all but three are collected from flea markets, thrift shops, estate and yard sales...and the like! They store fairly easily (many nest inside another) and I reserve an unused, very high, top shelf in the hall closet for their storage :).
Thanks again.
Warmly,
Tracey

The original "FRUGAL LUXURIES" ~ Based on the books by Tracey McBride ~ Established 1993

A warm Thank You to all kind souls and kindred spirits who generously take the time to leave a comment...your encouragement, trust and support are deeply appreciated...please know that we read each and every message and will respond as time allows.

~~~

Frugal Luxuries
is a registered trademark.


~~~


"FRUGAL LUXURIES: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul" was written by Tracey McBride and published by Bantam Books, NY, in 1997. It was the first of its genre to synergize the elements of simplicity, frugality and gracious living.

After more than a decade, FRUGAL LUXURIES has never been out of print and is now more relevant than ever.

"It's our hope that a new generation, faced with a teetering economy, will also find this information helpful and enlightening."



Sending Good Thought to Our Special Band of Kind and Kindred Souls!

Frugal Luxuries Book I

Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons Book II

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Site Counter